Amendments to Instructions
Any changes or amendments to the Sailing Instructions or any other urgent sailing matters will be found here.
NOR Amendment No. 1, issued on June 7th
In the light of the Covid 19 crisis all races are postponed until further notice.
(Signed) Len Cheshire Acting Vice Commodore 07/06/20
NOR Amendment No. 2, issued on June 7th
- Racing at Flushing Sailing Club will resume on a date to be agreed and posted on the club website but in the light of the Covid 19 crisis the following changes will be in place.
- Rule 3.1 Risk Statement is amended to include Owing to the Covid 19 crisis skippers are expected to follow all Government Guidelines at the time of the race and to recognise the risks and responsibilities for themselves and crew.
- Rule 4.1 Sailing Instructions is amended to read Sailing Instructions will be posted on the FSC website
- Rule 6 Sailing Programme 2020 is amended as follows
- All special Races as listed are abandoned
- Offshore Racing is abandoned
- Series Racing/Pursuit Racing on a Saturday and Tuesday will be started as soon as possible related to the Covid 19 crisis guidelines and the decision of FSC Organising Authority. Any Series Racing listed on a Tuesday and Saturday or any additional race will be started only when the FSC organising authority has decided this is possible related to the Covid 19 crisis guidelines. Information regarding the above will be placed on the FSC website.
- Rule 8 Courses is amended to read Pursuit start times will be published on the website prior to the start of racing. Courses will be announced prior to racing on channel 72.
- Rule 10. Safety Requirements is amended to read Following the Government guidelines and any Organising Authority requirements in relation to the Covid 19 crisis is also the sole responsibility of the skipper who must ensure they these are followed.
(Signed) Len Cheshire Acting Vice Commodore 07/06/20
Amendment No. 1 to the Sailing Instructions, issued on June 7th
Racing at Flushing Sailing Club will resume on a date to be agreed and posted on the club website but in the light of the Covid 19 crisis the following changes will be in place.
- Rule 3.1 is amended to read Notices to competitors will be posted on the FSC website at least 24 hours before they are to take effect.
- Rule 4.1 is amended to read Any changes to the sailing instructions will be posted on the FSC website at least 24 hours before they are to take effect
- Rule 6.1 is amended to read Racing will take place on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Pursuit races and special races will be subject to additional supplementary sailing instructions. Special Races may be run on other days. Information will be made available on the FSC website.
- Rule 6.2 is amended to read For Series Racing when this commences warning signals will be as follows: Tuesdays 18.05 hrs; Saturdays 13.45 hrs.
- Rule 9.1 is amended to read Starts may be in the Carrick Roads, or off the club line, or between the speed limit buoys, classes M, Q, E, W & U may be set courses extending to Falmouth Bay
- Rule 9.2 is amended to read On Tuesdays and for some special races the start line may be between a mast on a committee boat displaying an orange flag and a buoy displaying an FSC burgee, or between the speed limit buoys.
- Rule 9.3 is amended to read For all pursuit races and on Saturdays & special races all classes will start from an imaginary line through the transit marks set above the club house .
- Rule 9.4 is amended to read On Saturdays and some special races for B class the start between a committee boat with an orange flag and a mark displaying an FSC burgee moored in the inner harbour will not occur unless it becomes clear from the FWB Association that this is required when it will be notified on the FSC website.
- Rule 9.5 is amended to read Except for Pursuit races and some special races, races will be started using the sequence outlined in Rule 7. This changes RRS26.
- Rule 11.2 is amended to read If possible the group selected may be indicated by a numeral pennant displayed from the committee boat mast or from the club house flag staff for inner harbour starts
- Rule 12.3 is amended to read For all classes if two rounds are to be sailed the turning mark at the end of round 1 may be an alternative to that stated and will be identified in supplementary sailing instructions otherwise this rule remains the same.
- Rule 12.4 This rule will only apply if B class are racing see Rule 9.4
- Rule 17.4 is additional In a pursuit race Supplementary Instructions may state an alternative time limit.
- Rule 18.1 is amended to read Protest forms are available on the website.
- Rule 18.3 is amended to read Protests will be heard at a time and in a manner within the Covid 19 crisis government guidelines and FSC Risk Assessment.
- Rule 19.1 and 19.2 are amended In the light of the Covid 19 crisis government guidelines and Flushing Sailing Club organising authority risk assessment these rules are postponed until further notice.
- Rule 29 Risk Statement is added (i) Owing to the Covid 19 crisis Skippers are expected to follow all Government guidelines at the time of the race and to recognise the risks and responsibilities for themselves and crew.