Wind, Tides, Daylight
Wind speed and direction
- FHC: Falmouth Harbour Commissioners have a weather station located on Black Rock which feeds into their website. It aims to provide the last six hours record of wind speed, gusts, air pressure and tidal height. Unfortunately it is more often offline than online,
- Met Office: tracing its origins back to Admiral Robert FitzRoy, the Met Office creates forecasts based on more than 10 million weather observations each day.
- Metcheck: an altogether more chatty set of forecasts, with some interesting features.
- Synoptic Chart; for that retro feel. Create your very own forecast without the use of a supercomputer or seaweed.
- Weather Chart: more synoptic charts in cheerful black and white.
Local tidal information is available from the following sites. Members will find printed booklets in the Clubhouse covering the calendar year.
- EasyTide: from the UK Hydrographic Office.
- BBC; repeat of UKHO, but by default covering the next week.
- Tidetimes: covers the next week; also gives sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset. Note that unlike most other tide tables, they automatically adjust for BST.
- Sunrise & sunset for Falmouth. The site will also calculate moonrise and moonset.