FSC/RCYC Joint Pursuit Series 2021
- Dates: Friday 10th September (RCYC), Tuesday 14th September (FSC) Friday 17th September and Tuesday 21st September (FSC), to include Prizegiving after at FSC.
- Race Organisation: The Series will be run jointly between Flushing Sailing Club and Royal Cornwall Yacht Club. The Racing Rules of Sailing will apply together with Flushing Sailing Club's and Royal Cornwall Yacht Club's Rules and Instructions, except amended herein. >
- Race Entry: All Boats that have met FSC or RCYC requirements of Race Entry are eligible to race.
- Courses: Courses will be selected on the day by the elected Race Officer from each Club in accordance with the individual clubs sailing instructions. The course will be broadcast on Channel 72. Courses need to be approx 75 minute duration for the average boat; roughly 7 miles with a good sailing wind, less if it's lighter winds.
- Start Line: This will be the line through the transits at FSC and RCYC. There will be no Outer Distance Mark laid, but boats must be aware of the rules concerning sailing in the moorings.
- Starting: No starting signals will be given. Start times listed relate to YTC Handicap numbers.
- Start times will be displayed on the club websites at least 36 hours before the start. Start Times If your boat is not listed a request for a start time must be made, quoting your YTC handicap, no less than 24 hours prior to racing to either Melody Hitchens (RCYC), Malcolm Clark (FSC) or John Hicks (FSC).
- Premature starting: Boats that start before their listed start time may be recalled by the Race Officer on VHF Channel 72. A boat that fails to start correctly will be disqualified without redress by the race committee. Failure to transmit or to hear a VHF recall will not be grounds for protest.
- Finishing: The finish line will be through the transits at FSC and RCYC, and all competitors are requested to note the details of the boats in front and behind.
- Scoring: The order in which the boats cross the finish line will determine the scoring. Points will be awarded in accordance with the RRS Low Point System, Appendix A4. There will be NO DISCARD in this series.
- Time Limit: The time limit will be 20.30 hrs with no exception.
- Configuration: Competitors are reminded that a boat entering this series must stay in the same configuration for the duration of the series, changing from white sail to spinnaker and vice versa is not allowed.
Please enjoy the series and we look forward to seeing you at the prizegiving at FSC after racing on Tuesday 21st September.