Racing at Flushing
We are primarily a racing club, racing a variety of keelboats, some multihulls, and traditional gaff-rigged boats. At present there are seven racing classes. Racing takes place on Tuesday evening and Saturday afternoon. There is also a short joint series with RCYC which takes place on a Friday evening, their normal racing evening. From time to time additional special races take place, usually on a Thursday evening.
To race you must complete the Race Registration and Entry Form and pay the appropriate racing fee. If you are already a Club member, you can purchase a discounted block entry. If you are not a Club member, you can still race, but you pay a little more. If you want to enter specific series, or races, you can do so, at a fairly nominal amount.
Note: for 2020, during the Coronovirus pandemic, the fees for racing have been changed to a single fee of £30 for the year. The following table does not apply.
|Block entry||Club Member||£70|
|Block entry||non Member||£125|
|Charity Race (FSC CIO – FSC New Clubhouse)||discretionary|
|Individual races||£6 or £8|
|FWB Special Races||(FWB Cup)||£50|
- Block entry covers all regular series and races.
- Charity Race: how much you contribute is at your own discretion. The suggested minimum is £10 but all and any contributions are accepted. All the proceeds from the race go to the designated charity.
- For Individual Series the entry fee is related to the number of races in the series. Check the Race Registration and Entry Form for the exact amount.
- For Individual Races (which includes the Silver Sunbeam and the Midsummer Regatta) the fee is £6 per race: However the Gull Rock Manacles Race is £8.
- Working Boats who only race in the races which comprise the FWB Cup, pay £50.
Whether you are a member or not, whether you race or not, you will still be welcome back in the Clubhouse on a Tuesday evening for one of our excellent hot suppers washed down with a pint or two of Betty Stogs, or on a Saturday for tea and cake.
The Pursuit Series have their own start times which are available a few weeks before the series begins.
Gull Rock Manacles Race: NB, check the COGS website.
Falmouth Tyres Falmouth/Fowey race. Details will be published as soon as they are available. This race for Q, E, U and W classes takes place on the same weekend as the Falmouth Classics Regatta.
Racing at other PoFSA clubs
As a member of Flushing Sailing Club you are entitled to race at any of the other PoFSA clubs, namely Mylor Yacht Club, the Royal Cornwall Yacht Club, the Helford River Sailing Club, St Mawes Sailing Club and Restronguet Sailing Club. You may be required to pay an entry fee, but you do not have to join.